- Nonstick cooking spray
3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup carrot puree ( Cook it and then puree)
1/2 cup spinach puree (Steam for 30 to seconds, then puree in a food processor for 2 minutes)
1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
3/4 cup oat flour, or all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or over a very low flame.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate, vegetable purees, sugar, cocoa powder, margarine, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in egg whites. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 bars.